Tuesday, May 19, 2026

UK Day 7 and 8: Failed Exhibition and Snacks

 I decided to merge days 7 and 8 as not too much happened both days.

On the 7th day of the UK trip Cailey and I wanted to go to Young V and A for a Wallace and Gromit Exhibition. We went on a train then when we went to go to the tube the one we wanted to go on, the North Bound Line, was broken. So we walked over the London Bridge and I got to see Tower Bridge. Went on the second tube, which was really loud. We walked to the Young V and A and got to see some cool old toys. We went to look at the Wallace and Gromit Exhibit, and they were sold out of tickets, so we're going back another day to actually see it lol, maybe with Matt this time. They did have a small photo station outside I took pictures at though. I still got myself a Feathers McGraw pin and something for Beck. I forgot Jacks liked Wallace and Gromit until my mom reminded me so I'll be getting him something I was originally eyeing for him the next time we're there.

We got some snacks from WH Smith in the station and went home. We chilled the rest of the day and played some Stardew Valley. For dinner we ordered pizza from Pizza Express, and it was a jaw dropping 80 pounds for four of us to eat there! Baffled my mind lol, since I'm used to an easy $8 a pizza at Little Caesar's, cause I'm always convincing Cailey to go there for dinner in Pocatello lol. Copper also started his "annoying Camden and Cailey as much as he can" tirade. We went to play a single round of pool and in that time he got up somewhere he shouldn't be able to reach by getting on top of Cailey's suitcase, and ate a bag 2/3 full of Colin Caterpillars (essentially gummy worms here), and chewed up two other bags of food (luckily these bags were just trash). So very fun...

That night we also played pool and Cailey beat Colin and I (we were on a team) I think 4-1.



On Day 8 I slept in a bit, chilled with Cailey. We then went out to get some candy and real soda. We explored a few other shops. One really good one was a chocolate shop in the mall that had some delicious cranberry chocolate I got, and Macarons I want to get Beck later.
Got home and let the dogs out. We then bathed them which was fun. I can't remember when but at some point in the day Copper decided to poop on our floor while I was in the room. He was on the other side of the bed so I didn't see him at first but that was super fun.
For dinner we just had chicken and fries. After dinner Cailey and I made some cookies with some dark chocolate Kristin had, apparently awhile ago they ordered one but got five so they had extra. After that we watched A Beautiful Sunday, which was really good. It was about a young couple enjoying Sunday with 35 yen in post-war Japan, another Kurosawa film. 4.5/5. Copper was also dumb and thought it would be a great idea to hit my chocolate to the floor and try and eat it literally right in front of me.... Luckily the plastic wrapping was too complicated for him and I caught him before he ate anything.






No comments:

Post a Comment