Wednesday, May 13, 2026

UK Day 2: Bromley High Street and the Mall

Well my sleep schedule is both better and worse. I fell asleep at 10 and slept 7 hours which was amazing! But when Cailey came back into the room after going to the bathroom I woke up to the door cause it's loud and was up at 4 and didn't go back to sleep. Cailey was able to go back to bed around 6 and slept until 8. I got up around 7 and started my movie of the day. I started High and Low (technically should be translated as Heaven and Hell), and it was a really good film. Easy 5/5, but it's Kurosawa so that's too be expected. Beck has another great recommendation. Today when I texted him about it he mentioned Yojimbo, another Kurosawa film, so I'll probably watch that tomorrow. Matt cooked some bacon and Abby and Colin left by 8 ish. 

When Cailey was up at 4 she mentioned maybe wanting to go to a high street, streets with shops generally for grocery shopping, but you can always find a few other good things. After I finished my film we planned when to leave and they showed me how to use City Mapper (Google maps but it accounts for all buses and trains and tubes you'll need), which was a really convenient and helpful app. Matt left earlier than us so he could go climb. The buses were worse than the first day in an actual car. The roads are still super tiny, my PTSD is horrendous, and they're a lot bigger, and for some reason they stop like 6 inches from the next car/bus in front of them so that's fun. We went to the mall first and explored and saw a lot of fun things, some of my favorites were a man playing an accordion, a surprising section of anti-American Revolution books, graffiti on fast food advertisements because apparently they hate most fast food, and lots of shops of food.

We then ate lunch, we were going to go to a sourdough pizza place they like but the location apparently closed. We went to a crepe shop instead. I got a Korean fried chicken one, which was good but the crepe itself had something in it I did not like at all. Cailey got one with Nutella, strawberries and whip cream, which was my other thought and definitely the one I should've gone with. We explored a few more shops and went home, this time on a double decker bus! It was fun but still very stressful.

The rest of the day was chilling, a nap, dinner, some pool and Cailey and I ended with some Stardew!

Tomorrow we're either going to Camden Market or a different and bigger mall, so it'll be fun!

British accents are funny, only one so thick I couldn't understand, and no one has made fun of my American accent yet!










No comments:

Post a Comment