Tuesday, May 12, 2026

UK Day 1: Planes and No Sleep

 Finally got out of the country! Dad drove us over to the airport, got there and got some Wendy's because we were hungry, and played some games waiting to take off. Take off was very turbulent and Cailey did not enjoy that at all, but the flight was overall very chill, we mainly played Toad's Treasure Tracker together. The way down was horrendous for Cailey, she started to feel static all over her body and grabbed a puked bag and ended up puking up quite a bit. After she puked she felt significantly better lol. 

We then walked over to the terminal for our national flight after landing in Denver for our connection, luckily it was in the same area cause they started boarding five minutes after we got there. Cailey took Dramamine for the flight and it knocked her out fast. She slept the first hour or two, woke up for dinner, which was tasty  for airplane food, it was some Butter chicken. I got a lot of snacks throughout the flight and this was the best, the rest was pretty mid overall. Throughout the flight I watched The Godfather, which was amazing, and then I watched John Candy I Like Me, which was sad but really good. Played some games and read some of my book. Overall Cailey got about 5-6 hours of sleep, and I got 20 minutes, very fun. Got there and the border was really bad, lots of people and the passport scanners were slow, but we eventually got through and got our bags.

Matt decided to hire a driver to get home, and this was faster but horrendous. I've had decently bad PTSD since I got hit, and UK roads are the worst, super small, windy and since we were on country roads, nearly zero visibility, so not a good time overall. Got to their home and talked for a bit and explored the house. We tried to play games and stuff but I was so tired, so we took a nap, that was supposed to be 30 minutes... but apparently Cailey failed to wake me up each time, so I slept two hours. Matt cooked some delicious chicken and lemon parsley potatoes that were really good. Played some pool, that was pretty fun.

Ending with their show, Derry Girls. It's fun, it's an Irish show and everyone is struggling to understand all the actors and need the captions, but apparently living with my Grandma Arrington for so long helped make it easier to understand Irish people.

Overall fun first day!


Ellie is very sweet and likes me very much.


No comments:

Post a Comment