Today we woke up early and left decently early. We went to a pastry shop and got some breakfast, I got an eclair lol. We started off at Borough Market, which has a lot of food vendors. Kristin got some bread to start off cause everyone else ate a bit before we left and she was a little hungry. We walked around and looked at many cool shops that had meats, spices, fruits we had never heard of and more. There was a little bit of art but not too much. Overall really cool to look at, in the end I bought a gift for Dad and we got a cranberry lemonade that was delicious. Matt and Kristin got one too but they had some leftover and gave it to me lol.
We had finished rather early, it was about 11:45-12, so we decided to tube over to Camden Market. This market was absolutely huge. We looked at local stores first with a lot of souvenirs, there were a few things I thought about buying, including one I wanted too, but everyone was super duper tired by the end so Cailey and I decided we'll come back another day to buy that (it's a mini chess set for my Grandpa), and explore some other parts of Camden Market. We then went to a tea shop for Kristin. Explored a little bit and stopped for Shake Shack, which I did not know was anywhere outside the US until now. They ended up taking a bit to get our food so we got a free shake and extra nuggets! Really good food, and more lemonade lol.
We explored a lot more shops for nearly three hours, and we've probably only seen half of it. I have a few ideas for gifts I'll get other people when Cailey and I come back. One thing that I did get was posters! Cailey got herself two of them, both Studio Ghibli, and I got one for Beck and Dad that I'm pumped about (the one for Dad was on the end of one of the stacks of them and is the only reason I looked further, and thank goodness I did). We started to ride the train home and we got lucky and the train in front of us had issues so we stopped at every red light. It was burning hot in the train so we got off at a different station than usual cause it was stopped and walked home.
Got home and cooled off, Cailey napped and I just chilled. Ate pizza again for dinner, this time I got Peach and Parma, which was actually really tasty. Some pool, Cailey won 4-0 as to be expected by this point. Watched Taskmaster with Matt and Kristin and now finally going to bed.
Cailey has been absolutely destroyed by the heat and walking so we're taking a well needed rest day tomorrow. We plan to go get me my fat American sugar soda and look for some loose short sleeves (she doesn't own a lot and usually just borrows mine if need by, like she did today, so we were going to try and find some for her).
No comments:
Post a Comment