Saturday, May 16, 2026

UK Day 5: Climbing, Real Soda and a Gorgeous Dress

 Finally slept in to a normal time, I woke up around 7:30 but got up at 8 ish. I started watching Stray Dogs by Akira Kurosawa, it's a cop film about a newbie who loses his gun on a crowded bus and is trying to get it back. I didn't finish it (I'll explain soon). I overheard Cailey, Matt and Colin talking about Silksong and Hollow Knight so I decided to try and beat the final boss, Lost Lace, and finally 100% finished Silksong after 30-40 minutes of attempts. Cailey, Kristin and Abby all left around 10 to go wedding dress shopping. Matt asked if I wanted to go climbing, so I only got about half way through my movie, cause we had to leave almost immediately. 

We took the bus to Rhino Climbing Gym. I can very much tell I have not climbed in forever. I couldn't climb very high and my hands hurt a lot, but Matt is amazing at climbing and was flashing (first try finishing a route) almost every one he did. When Matt and I finished, after about an hour of climbing, Cailey was still not trying dresses on, apparently the que was long, but they were next in line! Matt and I went to Nando's. It was a chicken place we saw on the first full day but Kristin wasn't in the mood for chicken that day so we went with crepes. Matt and I both thought it was like American fried chicken sandwhiches, it was nothing like that. Even better acutally, it was grilled chicken, usually in a peri-peri/Mozambique style. I got a sunset burger at a medium spice level. Matt got his at a very hot spice level lol. It was really good and we were talking about trying to get Kristin or Cailey there sometime to try it. On the way to the bus we stopped at a drug store cause I saw through the window that there was REAL Mtn Dew and Dr. Pepper (cause all sugar soda has taxes so most places only do zero sugar). It was a good day. 

Took the bus home, as we were finally walking to the bus I got the most gorgeous and jaw dropping photos of my fiancee in wedding dresses. She originally planned to make one, but saw one so amazing she bought it. Sadly Cailey, and tradition, will not let me see it, but she sent me other ones and my heart was jumping out of my chest so I'm excited to see her in her actual wedding dress. She did allow me to see her veil though so that's something.

After getting home I played a few games with Colin and he was stressed cause I was beating him 15-0 at the start, eventually it got more balanced but he said I was really good, which was nice to hear. Cailey got back and her parents went out again to get rain jackets for their Scotland trip because it's supposed to rain a bit. During that we played a Mario Party Jamboree match with Colin, Cailey, Abby and I, Colin wiped the board with 5 stars and the next closest was 2 lol. Cailey and I attempted to nap, and idk if it was good or bad but we couldn't. Ate some stir fry for dinner that was tasty.

Finished the day with some Ultimate Chicken Horse with everyone, then Scrabble and Pool with my wife.

Tomorrow will be chill, just exploring thrift shops with Cailey and Abby looking for something cool for Beck and Jacks. Now to wait a long month and 10 days to see my gorgeous wife in her wedding dress.



This was "her favorite" (from her original browse), and my favorite by far of the ones I could see, easy 100/10 on looks, so I'm curious how the one she bought will top it.




No comments:

Post a Comment