Tuesday, May 26, 2026

UK Day 14 and 15: Portrait Gallery and Soda

 Day 14 was chill but very fun! Woke up around 8 and then left at 10. We went to the portrait gallery and the National Gallery near Trafalgar Square. It was really hot that day which is why we did the portraits, it is one of the few museums we are going to with AC. It was really cool! I enjoyed mostly the medieval and modern art, because medieval focused a lot on religion and modern art is art I know. Otherwise I was rather disinterested, but it was cool to see art from 3 of 4 ninja turtles lol. Cailey got a cute picture of art she had on her tote bag. Cailey got me a deck of cards and we went back home and chilled the rest of the day. For dinner we had Sichuan Noodles, and I made a grave mistake. Matt loves hot sauce a lot and I'm decent at spice but not as great as him. He offered me some that smelt really good and not spicy, so I added a bit to my noodles, and when I tasted it it felt like fire in my mouth. So that was fun but I didn't want to throw out my entire bowl so I ate most of it while my mouth was on fire.

Day 15 was also very chill and another extremely hot day, we originally planned to go to sheep detective in an air conditioned theatre after dinner but after checking the showing they only had really early showings. So instead Cailey and I played some Stardew Valley. We also went to get me more soda and I fell into temptation and got more chocolate at Hotel Chocolate... I may have a small addiction. We played some games, including Verdant. I was extremely confident and so were Kristin and Matt, and Cailey was not feeling strong, but she somehow ended up wiping the board and beating everyone. Ended with some pool which we both were doing well at.

Tomorrow will be some of the high tourist locations and a rather scary ride!






Beck and I find medieval art of animals quite humorous so I took a few photos of painted dogs from the medieval period that were funny to see;




No comments:

Post a Comment