Thursday, May 14, 2026

UK Day 3: Liberty and Blind Patriotism

 Once again another early wake up, around 5:30, got up at 7 ish and watched Yojimbo. It's about a bodyguard and overall it was really good. When talking to Beck about it he said it was his least favorite Kurosawa film overall, but still really great, and I agree. 4.5/5, but still Kurosawa and Beck are on an amazing streak of great movies. Tomorrow I'm actually going to do something that isn't Kurosawa! But Takashi Shimura will be in it lol.

Then played Stardew with Cailey for a bit, we started a new world, this time on a river farm which will be fun. Left around 10 to finally try the trains, and it was significantly better for my PTSD, and overall actually really fun. Cailey mentioned to Matt I kept saying that I wanted to see the new Banksy art, cause I like a lot of his art, so we walked over to it. It's called Blind Patriotism and it's in the center of everything, and I love the photo I took of it, looks very nice and amazing to see his work. On the train and just walking we also got to see a lot of the UK Graffiti scene that Banksy started out doing, although most are just swears and names written in cool fonts lol. Got to see Trafalgar Square on the way to it which was really cool, lots of old architecture. Kristin and I were usually in the back and she loves history, especially all the places near them, so she was giving me a few interesting history lessons when we passed through stuff.

Then went to Liberty, it's kind of a mall but full of fancy stuff. Cailey saw a really silly and cute leather lamb she was cooing over. Lots of interesting shops and a weird amount of stuff in the shape of a fish or crustacean. Lucky us! We saw a Jellycat section of the store, a stuffed animal place Emersyn kept mentioning, so we got her something there (in the rare case she looks at this blog I will add the picture later as to keep the surprise). It was very silly and very cute and I know she'll love it. Beck mentioned liking the rat they had, we did not find him at this one so hopefully we have more luck in the next. We then went to Heard, it was a burger place. Really tasty, they use the same technique Dad started using where he added bacon into the patties. Zero sugar soda, can tell I'm fat cause I already want some "real soda". Went to a store of mainly Harry Potter, but some other fantasy books were there. Took the train home and took another long nap. 

After that we had dinner, which was some tasty pasta. Cailey  and I went out and played pool again, 3-1 again, maybe tomorrow I'll finally win more.

Today we walked 4.4 miles, probably small compared to how high I've heard some days were last time with Cailey.






No comments:

Post a Comment