Wednesday, August 26, 2026

Year 3 College!

 Cailey and I have officialy started year 3 of college and it'll be a very weird one for sure! This year I am taking Medical Ethnobotany, History and Theory of Archeology, Existentialism, Learning and Behavior, Applied Behavioral Analysis and Behavioral Neuroscience. All are so far difficult to understand but I'm very interested in all. 

Medical Ethnobotany was just introductions and the overall general areas of ethnobotany. I got 100% on the quiz, which was surprising since the rubric for the test said I was wrong. We were supposed to determine the type of ethnobotanical research, and it was select all that are true, but each question only had one answer, but I found two that fit two categories and she changed it so I was correct, so that was nice. I've also had this teacher before and got I think 102% in the class so it should be easy.

Theory of Archeology was a lot of articles on common sense vs science and an overview of archeological methods and the importance of theories.

Existentialism makes me feel very dumb lol. They speak in a weird way and about topics I don't really understand but I'm working hard to get it. It is indeed only day two of college and my first meeting for the class was today, but I had about 70 pages of reading plus a vocabulary review sheet I had to read and learn over the past two days, and it took me awhile but I comprehended it really well, so much so that I told Cailey I could tell certain people in the class didn't read it because what they were talking about wasn't in the book. The topics hurt my brain but I'm still enjoying learning about them. This week we talked about existentialism being a humanism, and talked about existence before essence, how you are what you are not and not what you are, how you are what you choose but also what others choose, how we are the only objects in existence that are made before they realize what they do. Next week is on Christian Nihilism so I'm excited for that. This class requires a bunch of reading, during week three I have to read an entire book and half of another, so we'll see how that goes. I've realized as of recently I struggle reading a lot, I can comprehend pretty well but I read very slowly and have to reread a lot, so definitely a struggle trying to get all classes reading done but I'm getting through it.

Learning and Behavior finally popped up today, so not much about that but the content seems fun thus far.

Applied Behavioral Analysis seems easy, I've had this teacher before and got a 98%, and both are 3000 level classes. I'm liking the topics so far, but similar to the last class with him he has a lot I have to do.

Finally Behavioral Neuroscience is easy cause it's only introductions so far, but I'm excited for the weeks to come, they have a lot on biology and anatomy that I'm excited to learn about.

Cailey has Nature of Language, Mindfulness Self Compassion, Evidenced Based Research in Health Sciences, Health Behavior Change Theory and Application and Critical Analysis of Social Diversity. All of these are required for her major, so not the most exciting semester but all of them should be really easy. She is somewhat interested in Nature of Language but says its mainly just a get stuff done semester.

And per the norm in this house, Mom and Dad made us a sweet poster with some snacks!



No comments:

Post a Comment