While shopping for a board game for my special night (this is happening in a week so post at that point) we saw an expansion to Hero Quest we had never seen before called Jungles of Delthrak. Dad ended up getting it and we've been making plans to start a game when Mom is back, cause it's always been a board game we've really enjoyed! When we first got it around 3-4 years ago I made it a goal to paint all of the figures in it for when Logan, our cousin, visited to play with us. He ended up being to busy but I got through a large majority of the original set and some of the other DLC Dad had bought. This weekend Dad and I started painting them and Cailey enjoys all things art and decided to join. We've all been having fun painting them and making them look nice for when we play. Dad has done the Giant Ape, Blightcrawler and has been working on Abominations (enemies from the base set that I never did). I painted a statue set piece and the Witch Lord, and have been working on the Frozen Horror. Cailey finished the Berserker (a playable character Mom will probably end up playing when we start) and just needs to use washes on the Elf and she'll be done with that character too. Should hopefully be starting a game soon then I'll make a post about that.
As mentioned earlier Mom is gone this weekend for a Bachelor trip for her friend that she's a bridesmaid for, and is up at a cabin with all of them. This night Cailey and Emersyn were also gone, which meant doing dumb stuff with all the guys. This was a repeat of what we did a few years back where we ordered a lot of burgers and tried to eat as many as we could. This time we were smarter and only ordered what each thought they could eat. Overall we got about 14 cheeseburgers and 7 McChickens. Overall we all did well. I ate 4.5/5 of what I got, Dad ate 3.5/5 and Jacks ate 3.5/4. Beck had 8 and finished them all, showing all of us up. I got pretty close though and did better than I thought I would. The dogs enjoyed most of what we couldn't eat lol. We watched The Revenant while eating.
Pretty fun weekend but excited for Mom to be back.
No comments:
Post a Comment