Another AJR concert! This time the The Good Part tour, which was really fun to watch. It was at Idaho Ford Center, similar to the first one Mom and I went to, but this time we were in the outside area instead of inside. It was super hot out but luckily we found shade and got drinks so it wasn't too bad. The opener Izzy Escobar wasn't really my style but she had a nice voice. We also saw Cody (Mom's ex-friend's ex-husband) so that was rather funny. They played a lot of great songs, including their newest hit, The Big Goodbye. They also did a cover of Stacy's Mom that was funny. Sadly Adam (the A of AJR) wasn't there because he's been pursuing his ecological politics a lot more recently with seminars and publications, but hopefully he'll be at the big tour for whenever their next album is. Cailey, Mom and I all had a really great time and during AJR's set we walked into the open area near the stage so Cailey could have her room to dance, which she did a lot of. Cailey made fun of me because I stand still usually folding my arms when at concerts (I do head bang a bit at metal concerts but we'll see if she ever sees that), but I probably enjoyed the show as much if not slightly more than her, I'm just not a very expressive person lol.
Per the norm, every single concert I wear my black jeans, The Band Name shirt (reference to Don't Throw Out My Legos by them) and plaid black and white jacket. I usually bring my trapper hat cause Jack Met (the J of AJR) wears one every concert but I think it's in a box so I went without but thank goodness because it was really really hot out. I will wear that outfit until I get too big or they stop touring, both the shirt and hat are from my parents and mean a lot, and it's a tradition at this point, and so far I have matched Jack exactly at every concert I've been to.
On the AJR concert day BMTH released an album of a remaster of their Count Your Blessings death metal album, which I loved, and The Plot in You also released Green Smoke, their new album, which was amazing.
AJR is now officially tied with my most seen artist, the other two being Imagine Dragons and Fall Out Boy, all three bands being at three. Whenever either FoB or AJR release a new album they'll definitely be another concert. We were talking about concerts we want to see on the way home, I still want to see BMTH again, which would make them tied for top most as I've seen them twice, The Plot in You would be amazing, YUNGBLUD, Sleep Token, NF, blink-182 and Gorrilaz (who I'm actually seeing with Mom, Emersyn and Beck in the end of the year anyways) are all at the top of my list of see again or for the first time, but I'd be down for quite a few other artist.
Maybe one day (never) AJR will play my favorite song by them, Buy You a Rose. Unlikely since it's from their first album but maybe they'll do a Living Room anniversary celebration and I'll finally hear it lol. Also would love to hear Alice by the Hudson, A Dog Song and My Play, but unlikely on all except maybe A Dog Song since it's new. Until the next AJR concert!
No comments:
Post a Comment