Wednesday, June 10, 2026

Being Home is Good

 Been home for only a few days but quite a lot has already happened! On the first full day back went wedding suit shopping with Mom and Dad. Got myself a nice black suit and a cool lilac floral tie that all the boys are going to be wearing. Similarly Cailey and I booked a room at the Anniversary Inn for our wedding night, we went with a Romeo and Juliet themed room! Cailey went in on Monday to get her dress altered, and with some platform shoes that Cailey bought it actually only really needed one alteration and should be done in a few days! And Dad got the Rose Gardens all booked for us so overall looking like it's almost all completely ready.

Beck and I created a list of movies to watch this Summer together before I was back and we've already logged quite a few! On the 6th Beck and I watched Dr. Strangelove or: How I learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb and Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. Dr Strangelove I gave a 4.5/5, it was a good movie and I had seen the scene where he rides the missile before. I did really enjoy Fear and Loathing though, gave it a 5/5 and found them being on drugs and seeing how they perceived the world funny. On the 7th we started our LotR journey as all the boys, we watched most of the first one (we're doing all extended editions) and easy 5/5, all LotR are amazing. The 8th was a big day for movies! Beck, Jacks and I started at around 7:30 and ended at 3:00, but we watched the Dollars Trilogy with Clint Eastwood. Fistful was a 4/5, Few More was 4.5/5 and The Good, the bad and the Ugly was amazing and an easy 5/5, and definitely the best of the trilogy, and one of Beck's all time favorites. That night we also watched Obsession, the new horror movie, and that was an amazing movie, another easy 5/5 and now probably my favorite horror movie, beating Longlegs. During this movie there's one scene where she smashes through a window, during this scene Cailey had grabbed my arm for comfort, and ended up creating the exact opposite effect. When the jump scare happened she shook my arm aggressively and jumped, scaring me a whole ton, and overall was a very scary moment lol. Probably the most scared I've been in one single moment cause I didn't expect Cailey to also jump and so aggressively. Today, June 10th we are doing a Rom Com day, we started with How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, I gave a 3.5/5, but it's still always a classic. We're currently watching Lala Land, which is good so far, and are ending with Punch Drunk Love!

Another fun thing we've started is the next Pandemic Legacy! I got Pandemic Legacy Season 1 for Christmas and Mom, Dad, Cailey and I finished that and it was amazing. Mom gave into temptation and bought Season 0 because it was on sale, and it's amazing. It follows the Cold War and you're trying to stop Soviets instead of Plagues, but the way it works has a lot of new unique mechanics and rules that add a lot to it. We've only played twice but I can tell this one will  be amazing.

Cailey and I started Skyrim again and that's been fun. We are a little bit farther than where we were in the UK, but have been focusing on other stuff more this time compared to last time, but haven't worked on magic school much, but are wanting to go to that soon cause we've been upgrading our magic a lot.

Beck has had Letterboxd, an app for tracking movies for awhile, and I've been using it the past few months to better track movies with him and see what he's watching. I ended up finding one for books and board games so now I can track things I want to watch, read and play a lot easier.

Finally Cailey and I have been working on our game a little bit and got a lot of great ideas together and very few sketches I've been working on, but overall we've had amazing ideas we created together.


And yes, I got my fast food, soda and Little Caesar's, and it was all amazing.

I'll miss the UK but it's good to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment