Only about a week back but I've done a rather decent amount of stuff somehow. First off as mentioned before, when I was still in the UK Beck made a list of my Letterboxd watchlist movies that he wanted to watch with me, and we ended up with a list of about 40 movies. At first this seemed rather daunting given I'm only here until the end of August, but we've watched 14 movies in the first week of me being back. Overall it has been really fun, and tons of great movies! I'm rather easy to pleased and it bothers Beck cause he's an actual cinephile and great at criticism and looking a lot deeper than I do, so his ratings for movies look like an actual bell curve instead of mine which is heavily left skewed and has lots of high ratings. On the other hand it is difficult to get Cailey to rate something high, especially since she's not very into any of the type of movies that we watch (mainly old or culturally significant). So Beck created a goal to get me to rate a movie poorly (he said 2.5/5 would be good enough), and to get Cailey to give something a high score (5/5 is ideal but 4.5/5 is acceptable). He actually got pretty close with Cailey giving The Usual Suspects a 4/5 and me giving There Will Be Blood a 3.5/5. Yesterday on Saturday we went to Paul's to watch Parasite which was really good.
Over the past week we had one days for the Dollars trilogy (Old Clint Eastwood Cowboy Movies) and a day for RomComs. My favorites that we've watched while I'm here are Obsession, The Good the Bad and the Ugly, Memories of Murder, the first Lord of the Rings and Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. In the past week I've given (out of 5) four 5 stars, four 4.5 stars, four 4 stars, and two 3.5 stars. Great movies so far, I'm excited to see what next week will hold, I'll for sure update every week as we get through more.
The other day Cailey went out and hung out with Jasmine and they went to Half-Priced Books, and Cailey got a bingo sheet from them that she wanted me to do with me, which will be fun! I've recently got into a craze of random books and wanting to read so it works out anyways. The current book I'm focused on is I am a Cat by Natsume Soseki, which I'm really liking.
We've also been playing more of Pandemic Season 0 Legacy Edition, which has been fun but very difficult but very fun. Definitely more intense and more in depth than Season 1. As of now we accidentally screwed ourselves over twice by hitting the max amount of infected cities (3) during one month and throughout the months we've been given questions to answer which were used in a psychological analysis that gave us a penalty card cause apparently we did so poor.
Also tons of good food! We did pizza last night and I'm making a meal on Monday, Korean Fried Chicken, and I plan on trying to make other meals throughout the weeks we're here.
No comments:
Post a Comment