We used to do Summer book reading or Bingos or activities when we were younger with my Mom, but as we grew they started to fizzle out. She created the really great idea of a Summer bingo, where we have 25 goals and if we finish all 25 we get a big reward, and even better, they are personalized! Emersyn, Jacks and I are doing it! I still haven't decided my goal, but Emersyn is doing it for a new ear piercing, and Jacks for a new figurine. Many of the goals are really simple, with some longer ones. I'm excited to try and learn these, as many are activities or hobbies I've had great interest in but haven't had the time to do.
Another major thing I've been doing recently is language study. I spent three years in school learning Spanish, and one learning ASL. In college, I used my personal time to learn new languages. I'm really interested in theology and archeology, so I went hard on learning Hebrew, and am starting to learn it slowly. I also have recently started trying to learn Greek. To motivate myself I used the bingos and an extra poster board to create goals for language study. I want to learn Spanish because of its great use, but also my superior knowledge in it as compared to the others, and I want to finish learning it. I love ASL and it is easily one of my favorite languages ever and I want to work on perfecting this too. I'm really interested in Hebrew because of its applications to the New Testament. This also slightly branches as I'm trying to not only learn Modern Hebrew, but Biblical Hebrew and Aramaic (another Semitic language that is near identical to Hebrew and was likely spoken by Jesus). I'm also learning different dialects or ways or writing for Hebrew (as listed on the bingo sheet), such as Samaritan, Phoenician, Imperial Aramaic, Cursive and Block. I'm also trying to learn Greek, but more specifically Modern Greek and Koine Greek (what would've been used in Biblical times). I'm really hoping to improve these and be able to become more proficient in them. I've used the library and internet to find books for language study, videos and apps to help me and I'm hoping I can start to get better at application for all of these throughout Summer, especially with my Mom's Summer Bingo sheets she made us.


No comments:
Post a Comment