In the beginning of the year I made a goal to do about 20 genius hours by the end of the year. I found that I had a lot of topics I wanted to research or was interested in but really had no means or reason to do this. I remembered in 5th grade we did a research projects where you would make a Power Point based on a topic you researched and I decided to do a test run and loved it enough to make it a goal. Luckily Cailey is amazing and said she'd be willing to listen to them and has been really great at not only listening but asking questions, which caused me to research more for the next few to make sure I could actually answer her questions. So far topics I've done include possible causes of human extinction, Nazca Lines, frisson, the Shroud of Turin, arguments for God, how many holes a straw has, why we and animals yawn, apostles in the Bible, restored, and modern church, big numbers and infinities, where the universal up is and my current one which looks at 10 different dinosaurs and how we know they existed and other information about them. The dinosaur one has been especially difficult given the scope and size, but also how frequently information is updated. So far I've had to change information within the presentation about 5 times because new fossils were discovered or new information that made it so some of my information was false, but I've loved the new research. Overall it has been really fun and gave me an opportunity to not only learn but enjoy it and be able to feel smarter. So far my favorites have been the Apostle presentation, frisson and the dinosaur one I'm currently working on. Cailey specifically requested the frisson and the yawning one of those both have easily been some of her favorites, but she also loved the rest. I currently have a list of about 50 topics to explore and I have my next few planned out including antimemetics, The Sea Peoples, black hole calculations, how many colors we can actually see and if we can ever travel backwards in time. I've loved them so far and can't wait to continue doing them to help me learn more.
No comments:
Post a Comment