When I was first designing shoes I asked around to find someone that would let me design them some so I could get practice, free of charge. I ended up making a pair for Zander based on Shinedown's album Planet Zero. This was a ton of fun to do, but when I first purchased the shoes I asked Emersyn if she knew what Zander's shoe size was, hearing me wrong she told me her shoe size. When I got my shoes I realized too late that Zander wouldn't fit in them and I ended up getting a different pair to paint for him. The original Air Jordan 1 High's I had purchased just sat around waiting to be used, and one day I decided to try them on and realized that they actually fit me perfectly! Because of this I worked with Cailey to help design them into a game we both really love, Hollow Knight. This process was slow as I started it in March with the design process and base coated it, both of which Cailey helped a ton on, but lost interest. Randomly recently I spent a lot of time and was able to finish them in two day! One side is meant to represent the game Hollow Knight and the main character to that one (the blue shoe), and the other is representing the (hopefully) soon to be released sequel Silksong and the main character in that. Within Hollow Knight there are these collectible grubs you find around the map and save for money, and this was the overall theme for the shoes (credit to Cailey for the idea), and this was mixed with the individual games for each shoe. Overall I really love how they turned out and they are definitely one of my favorites I've done so far.



No comments:
Post a Comment