Monday, April 28, 2025

Moving Home and Helping Grandpa

 On May 1st I was lucky enough to have zero classes for what is known as dead week, or the week before finals to allow study time. Because of this I decided to come home for the week and move a lot of my stuff back. On a rash decision I decided to leave at about 6 PM on April 29th, and surprised my parents at 10 as I came home and instantly went to cook some chicken nuggets. The week was really fun and I helped move rock into our backyard to make it look nicer, played games, and started to resettle into my room, although I spent most this week sleeping on the couch. I really missed Cailey all week but it was nice to be home, and I just called her a bunch and played Blue Prince on call with her.

Near the end of the week on May 2nd, a Friday, my Dad and I went up to Twin Falls. This was mainly so he could help plan the Barnes Reunion with Margaret, but we also got to help do service and prepare my Grandpa's garden in the back, because he has recently undergone a few surgeries. It took a lot but was well worth it. We also worked on the front to make it look nice, then had burgers and hot dogs and I went back to college for a day and a half. I would've loved to completely move out but sadly I had one in person final on May 5th, my Dad's birthday, at 7 in the morning. I stayed in Pocatello Sunday and left early Monday. Cailey left later that day at around 2 because she had a math final at 1. College was a ton of fun, I loved it and it was scary but fun and very new for me. I'm really excited to be home as it's one of my favorite places to be. Overall school went amazing grade wise, as I ended with two low A's and the rest high A's, including two finals that I got over 100% on! I'm excited to be back home!



No comments:

Post a Comment