Wednesday, December 25, 2024

Christmas and Christmas Eve

 Christmas time was amazing for the both of us, Cailey had been spending time on campus at ISU so it was really nice for her to be home and be able to be with her family. For Christmas Eve my side has a tradition of going somewhere for brunch, and this time we went to Black Bear Diner and decided to invite Cailey. It was tons of fun and there was a lot of food. I also ended up getting lost on the way there because of Google Maps but we made it on time. Both families have pajamas on Christmas Eve, and gift exchanges, but Cailey's family also does books and a small gift on Christmas Eve too! Cailey's parents decided I was family enough and got me a new game too. For our family we all got pajama pants that were based on bands we liked, mine were Bring Me the Horizon, a metal band I really like.

Our families work very different from each other on Christmas and Christmas Eve. Emersyn and I and sometimes Jacks tend to stay up all night, and we look at presents at about 12 and wake up our parents at the earliest that they allow, 6 AM. On the other hand, Cailey's family goes to bed at 10, wakes up plenty late at about 8-9 AM, and are patient with waiting to look at their gifts. My parents wish we were more like Cailey's family. Luckily we both are "one at a time" families with opening gifts, so we do have that slight overlap.

I'm writing this in retrospect so it is difficult to remember gifts, but Cailey got new clothes, nail stuff, one of those DIY house kits, and a few games, including one of her favorites that she wins 99/100 times, Quiddler. I asked her randomly in February what her favorite one was that she can remember and she said her favorites were either the games or the DIY house kit. I got a few games and college supplies. My favorite gift is easily the bag I got, as I use it nearly everyday, even when I'm not in school. My Dad choose a specific new board game for me called Shadows of Brimstone that we've loved playing, he said he was afraid to chose a game not on my list but he did really well choosing one I'd love.



No comments:

Post a Comment