Sunday, November 3, 2024

Forest Blakk

 One smaller artist that my mom and I both really like is Forest Blakk, and he was performing in Salt Lake City and she asked if Cailey and I wanted to come, to which we of course said yes. Cailey was more unfamiliar with his music at first but I sent a list of a few and she fell in love too. This was a really weird venue, it was small and we stood the entire time, and it only housed about 100-150 people. It was weird at first but was so cool. The openers weren't the best but they had nice stories and I loved Forest's use of a local artist as part of the show. When he came on it was amazing. He's luckily one of those artist who actually sound good live, and he sang his heart out. Hearing the stories about his life and being so close to him, and hearing meanings behind songs I never knew was so amazing. He even shared poetry that he wrote, and it was honestly such an amazing show, easy top 5, he truly loved what he was doing. It was amazing how close he was with his fans, constantly messaging and talking to them, and one of my favorite things was he stayed after until every single person who wanted to see and talk to him got a chance to. Other notable things we did that day was go to Caine's, explore town, and stayed the night in Salt Lake City. It was an overall amazing experience and I can't wait for my next concert with my mom and Cailey. 



No comments:

Post a Comment